The Kestrel 2500 Handheld Weather Meter measures wind and temperature with total accuracy, and has the added benefits of an air pressure sensor that provides altitude and barometric information. Kestrel 2500 technology enables you to follow changes in air pressure that help predict impending changes in the weather. Factor in the 2500’s digital altimeter, and you have most of the weather information you need for outdoor activities ranging from model airplane flight to rifle practice.
As with all Kestrels, the 2500’s sensitive and user-replaceable impeller technology provides accurate wind speed info. Additionally, an external temperature sensor and waterproof casing allow you to gauge the temperature of water and snow, as well as the open air. A hard slide-on case, lanyard, and battery are included.
The Kestrel 2500 was originated as a basic model for long range shooters at an affordable price and someone who didn’t need the ballistic features built in like the 5700 Elite or any others in the Kestrel Ballistics Line of meters. A simple video shows how to achieve station pressure with a Kestrel 2500.
For those using it at night, the Olive Drab NV version of the Kestrel 2500 features a night-vision preserving backlight. This backlight incorporates an optical filter to reduce overall brightness and minimize blue and green spectrum light to preserve night vision. (Note: This backlight appears soft greyish pink, not “red”, and is still in the visible spectrum, so is not compatible with night-vision equipment.)
Features of the Kestrel 2500 Weather Meter
- Real-time clock
- Protective cover with sure-grip over molding
- Data hold function
- Large easy-to-read display with white backlight (or soft red backlight on the NV model)
- Waterproof to IP67 Standards (Can be submerged up to 3’/1M for up to 30 minutes)
- Innovative design for stability and accuracy in abrupt condition changes
- Patented user-replaceable impeller
- Quick response, external thermistor
- High precision pressure sensor
- Reliable, portable, and easy to use
- All instruments and accessories are completely assembled in the US
- Green Finish
- Altitude (Barometric)
- Barometric Pressure
- Temperature (Air and Water)
- Wind Chill
- Wind Speed (Current, Max Wind Gust, and Average 3 Second Wind Speed)
- 5 year warranty
There are no reviews yet.